13 questions to ask Houston wedding photographers
So the other day, I met with a bride over a cup of coffee (my favorite way to meet brides). We talked about what she had been looking for in Houston wedding photographers, when her wedding was, where she was going to have it, what vendors she had already looked into. We also went over my wedding photography packages and touched on her budget.
At the end of the meeting, the bride said to me, “I know there are question’s I’m supposed to ask you, but I just can’t remember them.” She had Opra’s wedding planning book, which had a list of questions to ask the photographer, but forgot to bring it.
So, to help you out, here are a list of questions to ask a potential Houston wedding photographers for your wedding. I’ll break them up into categories. In no particular order:
1. How many photographers will be at my wedding?
2. Do I get a disc of the photos or any prints included with the package?
3. Based on the package, how long will the photographer be at my wedding/reception?
4. Will you be shooting any photos of me getting ready?
1. Are the travel expenses included in your packages?
2. Do you require a down-payment?
3. Can I make payments toward my bill?
4. When is my final payment due?
About the Photographer
1. Do you have any references?
2. What is your favorite style to shoot?
3. Have you ever shot a wedding like mine before?
4. (Out of town wedding) Do you travel?
5. Can you refer me to any vendors you’ve worked with in the past?
6. What’s your favorite food? — Just kidding, checking to see if you’re still paying attention.
If you think I’ve missed any questions, especially about Houston wedding photographers, just add them to the comment section. I would love to hear from you.